Call for papers - 7th biennial ALAHPE Conference
Submissions are open to the 7th Latin American Conference of the History of Economic Thought. Proposals for papers (500 words) and sessions (1000 words) will be received until July 15. Acceptance or rejection notices will be issued by August and full papers should be submitted before October 20. Proposals will be received through email@example.com. Proposals from general subjects regarding history of economic thought are welcome.
The 7th Latin American Conference of the History of Economic Thought organized by the Latin American Society for the History of Economic Thought, Asociación Latinoamericana de Historia del Pensamiento Económico (ALAHPE), will occur on November 20th, 21st, and 22nd (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), 2019, at the Federal University of Paraná – Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR) – Curitiba, Brazil.
The title of the conference is “Promoting History of Economic Thought in Latin America: richness, limits and challenges”.
Jeremy Adelman will give the Subercaseaux Lecture and Mauro Boianovsky and Marianne Johnson will be keynote speakers.
Furthermore, the Young Scholars Initiative will promote the workshop "Women in the history of Latin American economics" in November 19th. The selected Young Scholars will be invited to present a summary of their research and to join Professor Verónica Montecinos’ lecture on the mentioned topic.
To submit, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
* Information such as: complete name, affiliation, title (PhD student, post-doc, etc.), country of origin, city and country of residence;
* A short summary of your research (max. 300 words);
* A brief explanation on why you think this workshop will be useful for your research (max. 300 words);
* Please, mention if your university or funding body could support your travel expenses if you were to be accepted;
* A limited amount of travel stipends and accommodation will be provided to successful candidates, depending on the region from which they travel to the conference. The deadline is August 1st. Please register in the YSI dierectory and access the call.